The PEM-100 Controller performs many functions in the photoelastic modulator system. Its primary function is to control the peak retardation of the photoelastic modulator optical head.
It does this by providing a DC voltage signal to the electronic head which determines the transducer vibration amplitude and thus the strain amplitude in the optical element. A current feedback loop from the electronic head enables the controller to maintain stable peak retardation levels.
The PEM-100 Controller has many distinct advantages over its predecessor, the PEM-90 Controller:
- ♦ Updated user interfaces that allow for easier entry of retardation and wavelength values
- ♦ Storage of frequently used settings
- ♦ Optional Computer control via proprietary software
- ♦ LabView driver for integration into custom user instrument configurations
- ♦ Rack Mount, handles only (RMH)
- ♦ Rack Mount Extension Kit, with handles (RMO)
- ♦ USB Adapter (USB)
- ♦ RS232C to IEEE-488 Converter – National Instruments (GPIB-NI)
- ♦ Special Length Controller-to-Head Cable (SLCH)