My PEM is not providing stable retardation and/or there is noise if I look at my signal on an oscilloscope. What could be wrong?
December 6th, 2009
There are several possibilities. A list of questions to begin troubleshooting is:
- What is your optical and electronic setup?
- What is the light source you are using and the wavelength or wavelengths (in particular, are you using a laser)?
- What detector are you using?
- When the PEM is operating, is the limit light off, on steady or flashing? If it is flashing, what is the approximate time interval between flashes?
- What is the operating frequency of the PEM? You may take this from the controller, but if you have a separate frequency meter, this is preferable.
Please Contact Us with the answers to these questions.